Pfeil Abegglen Knife
Pfeil Abegglen Knife
Abegglen Detail Knives are available in small, medium and large sizes.
The Abegglen Detail Knives from Pfeil Tools are pre sharpened and ready-to-use. These special knives have two cutting edges, a rounded one on one side and a concave one on the other, which makes the tool extremely versatile. It can be particularly useful where other carving tools fall short, in tight places, or for deep cuts, for example, for faces, hands, or feet. It is also very useful for ornamental carving and lettering. The knife can be turned on either side, with the rounded edge or the concave edge facing right or left, as the work requires. The 4″ shaft and smaller comfortable handle means you’ll be able to reach into hard to reach areas. After a few minutes use, the Abegglen will become your favorite detail tools. Approximate blade width is 3/8″ for the small, ½” medium, ¾” large. Overall length is approximately 7-1/2″. Natural oil finished octagonal Acacia handle.
The Pfeil “Swiss Made” tools are created using only the best quality steel and are one of the few tool companies who supply their knives and chisels finely ground, fully polished and ready for use. Many competitive brands tools cannot be used properly until the tool first gets sharpened and polished by the user. Swiss Made carving tools are undoubtedly one of the finest carving tool brands currently on the market. They are second to none in terms of manufacturing quality and durability. Their superior quality make them a favorite of the professionals and hobbyists alike providing years of enjoyment and precision.
Features of Pfeil Knives:
- Available in small, medium and large sizes
- All Pfeil tools are sharpened and honed, ready to use.
- Chrome vanadium steel, special alloy made to Pfeil specifications, combines outstanding elasticity with unsurpassed edge-holding properties.
- Forged in Switzerland
- Tools are hardened and tempered to HRC 59-61, depending on purpose of tool.
- Al steel surfaces are smooth and matte polished.
- Acacia Hardwood handles from ecologically managed Swiss forests.
- Wooden handles are finished with solvent-free vegetable oil.
- Unique manufacturing process guarantees consistent tool shaping and quality.
- Quality-control inspection at every stage of manufacturing process.
Medium, Small, Large