Pfeil Fishtail Gouge
Pfeil Fishtail Gouge
$44.95 – $64.95
Pfeil full size Fishtail gouges are used to easily reach difficult areas because the cutting edge is broader than the shaft. The blades are thin and light and available in different sweeps and widths. See the pictures of the sizes available ( Not to scale)and then choose tools you wish to purchase . All sizes are in metric widths. If you wish to purchase a chisel size we do not normally carry we can custom order for you with a lenghty delivery schedule.
The Pfeil “Swiss Made” tools are created using only the best quality steel and are one of the few tool companies who supply their knives and chisels finely ground, fully polished and ready for use. Many competitive brands tools cannot be used properly until the tool first gets sharpened and polished by the user. Swiss Made carving tools are undoubtedly one of the finest carving tool brands currently on the market. They are second to none in terms of manufacturing quality and durability. Their superior quality make them a favorite of the professionals and hobbyists alike providing years of enjoyment and precision.
The Pfeil European hardwood handled full size chisels fit the palm of your hand so your fingers can guide and control the action of the razor sharp blade. Octagonal handles allow for a comfortable grip and prevent the tools from rolling off your workbench when not in use. Pfeil makes full size chisels as well as student/intermediate sized chisels for carvers with smaller hands. Both sizes of chisels are available individually as well as in starter sets to help carvers get a good start to the very satisfying hobby of carving wood.
- Pfeil Tools use an identification number or letter first…then a digit to denote the profile or sweep… then the final digit is the width of cutting-edge, measured side to side in mm.
- All Pfeil tools are sharpened and honed, ready to use.
- Chrome vanadium steel, special alloy made to Pfeil specifications, combines outstanding elasticity with unsurpassed edge-holding properties.
- Forged in Switzerland
- Tools are hardened and tempered to HRC 59-61, depending on purpose of tool.
- The inside sweeps are very finely ground and polished. Al steel surfaces are smooth and matte polished.
- Full bolster and square tang for optimal stability. Internal steel ferrule under bolster prevents handle from splitting.
- European octagonal hardwood handles from ecologically managed Swiss forests.
- Wooden handles are finished with solvent-free vegetable oil.
- Unique manufacturing process guarantees consistent tool shaping and quality.
- Quality-control inspection at every stage of manufacturing process.
1F, 7F, 5F, 3F
|Choose Width in MM||
8, 20, 14, 10, 12, 25, 6, 16