Pfeil Long Bent Gouge
Pfeil Long Bent Gouge
$48.95 – $93.95
The Pfeil “Swiss Made” tools are created using only the best quality steel and are one of the few tool companies who supply their knives and chisels finely ground, fully polished and ready for use. Many competitive brands tools cannot be used properly until the tool first gets sharpened and polished by the user. Swiss Made carving tools are undoubtedly one of the finest carving tool brands currently on the market. They are second to none in terms of manufacturing quality and durability. Their superior quality make them a favorite of the professionals and hobbyists alike providing years of enjoyment and precision.
The Pfeil long bent Gouges are forged in the same sweep as the standard full size #5, #7 and #8 gouges but with an additional lengthwise bend in the blade making these chisels very useful for roughing out and smoothing concave sections on a sculpture or when hollowing out bowls. As seen in the attached pictures the carver simply picks the sweep of gouge they are looking for and then the width of blade required for the best results in the project.
- Pfeil Tools use an identification number or letter first…then a digit to denote the profile or sweep… then the final digit is the width of cutting-edge, measured side to side in mm.
- All Pfeil tools are sharpened and honed, ready to use.
- Chrome vanadium steel, special alloy made to Pfeil specifications, combines outstanding elasticity with unsurpassed edge-holding properties.
- Forged in Switzerland
- Tools are hardened and tempered to HRC 59-61, depending on purpose of tool.
- The inside sweeps are very finely ground and polished. Al steel surfaces are smooth and matte polished.
- Full bolster and square tang for optimal stability. Internal steel ferrule under bolster prevents handle from splitting.
- Hardwood handles from ecologically managed Swiss forests.
- Wooden handles are finished with solvent-free vegetable oil.
- Unique manufacturing process guarantees consistent tool shaping and quality.
- Quality-control inspection at every stage of manufacturing process.
8L, 7L, 5L
|Choose Width in MM||
35, 30, 25, 18, 13, 20, 14, 10, 8, 16, 12